Thursday, June 05, 2008
Tuesday - Terra Cotta Warriors
Tuesday was a very fun and interesting day. We decided to go to the Terra Cotta Warriors. Since I had been there the week before, we decided against getting the guide and tour bus and just go on our own! We took a cab to the train station. The cab ride was about 10 yuan (a little more than a dollar). It took us a while of walking around to find out where the buses were. The ride to the Terra Cotta Warriors was about 45 minutes and only cost 5 yuan per person (less than a dollar)!! The buses weren't too bad. They were air conditioned and looked like old beat up Greyhounds, but it wasn't too bad. On the way home an old man and his wife got on the bus. As soon as he got on he opened a bottle of beer. Now, we haven't seen any public drunkiness in China and Morgan and I are still debating whether or not this man was drunk, but if he wasn't drunk, he was definitely a little tipsy. He kept trying to give Presley his bottle of beer!! We kept pushing it away, but he would try and tease her with it. He was a very nice man, I just wish he would have stopped offering my daughter his beer! He was trying to do little magic tricks and she would have none of it. She just clung to me and cried when he looked at her!! There was a younger girl there that knew English and I think she tried to keep him occupied and talking to him so that he would leave Presley alone. At the end of the ride he told us (through the lady that was interpreting) that Presley was very beautiful and that I was a wonderful mom. Very sweet, even his his drunken state!!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home