Why are we adopting from China? Here is one reason, though we consider us to be the lucky ones to have Geneva come into our lives.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
We sent Geneva her first care package. We sent pajamas, a stuffed animal, a ladybug sweater, a sweatshirt, hair clips, hat, blanket, 9 pictures of us, candies and peanuts and lotion for her foster family, a disposable camera that her foster family will take pictures with and then return the camera to us to develop, and a translated letter for her foster family. We went through http://www.redthreadchina.com/. They were wonderful to work with and had very reasonable prices!! We hope to send her another package for Chinese New Year.
Gifts for foster family
Geneva received her first birthday present from her Aunt Stephanie who lives in New York City. Landon had fun opening it for her, though he doesn't get to play with it. We are going to take it with us when we meet her for the first time. Thank you Aunt Steph!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home