Friday, August 13, 2010
Carson went to his first karate class today. He LOVED it!! Derek said he was beaming during the whole class. He loved the exercises and really paid attention and tried hard to learn the moves. He was in a class with 7-12 year olds. Since he is just 7, they are going to move him down to the 5-6 year old class until he gets caught up and then they will move him up to the more intense class when he is ready. I have been wanting to get him into karate for a long time. It is a perfect sport for him. A sport where he can advance at his own pace and not feel like he has to compare himself to others. I am so happy he has found something that he seems to really enjoy that doesn't have a joystick or screen attached!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home