This whole trip has been a nail biter!!!
Friday, June 06, 2008
Thursday in Guangzhou
We were up early checking on my consulate appointment. The US consulate still didn't have my appointment made, but someone from my agency made a quick call and got us in for that afternoon. We met our guide Connie and did the medical exam. I had to go to the consulate appointment with her because our vacination affidavit had Lexi's name on it instead of Presley's. So our consulate appointment was at 1:30 and then I had to wait there until 4:00 for the swearing in. Luckily I had packed some crackers for her to eat. We were able to pick up her visa that same day and we were done!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home