We have been home for 2 weeks now and everything is really smoothing out. Yesterday I was able to vacuum and mop the downstairs, clean the half-bath, do laundry, and pick everything up!! I worked too!! Presley is doing so much better. She is crusing now!! When she is standing up holding onto the couch, she can turn herself around and then lean against the couch. All she has to do now is get brave enough to take those steps by herself. She doesn't scream as much when I leave the room unless she is really tired. She still doesn't sleep a lot, about 9 hours at night and 1-hour nap, but I'm sure that will get better as she gets more secure and is able to put herself back to sleep when she wakes up. I took all 4 kids to Walmart today and they were great. Not that I want to do that all the time, but at least I know that I can do it and survive!! The only problem we had was that Carson was NOT happy that he couldn't sit in the 2-seater shopping cart. He didn't understand why Presley couldn't sit in the basket with the groceries and he let out several of his very loud high pitched screams once we were inside the store to let all other shoppers know that he was unhappy!! That is not why he isn't in any of the pictures today, he is at one of his girlfriend's (Naomi) house.
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home