Happy Birthday to our sweet Presley! I can't believe our baby is 3! She is growing up so fast. She now weighs 36 pounds, wears a size 4T-5T and size 10 shoe! She still loves to eat. She has become quite the comedian and loves to make silly faces. We are so blessed to have her in our lives. On this day our thoughts always turn to her China mommy. We wish she could see a glimpse of the beautiful girl that she gave life to. I'm sure she would love to know that the little girl that was born with a cleft without much opportunity has been given all that she could imagine for her precious child! I'm sure she would cry many happy tears if she could only know what good things have happened to her baby girl. Sweet Presley we love you so much!! Happy Birthday to our precious gift from China.
Friday, April 02, 2010
The other day I looked at Presley and thought "She looks like an orphan" and of course I immediately realized the irony. She had messy bed head still and a chocolate covered face. Once she was an orphan. Now she has a family that not only gives her chocolate, but cleans it off her face and styles her hair into those adorable pigtails! Doesn't every child deserve this kind of a life?? Doesn't every family deserve to have a Presley in their lives??
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home