We finally made it!! I can't belive it. We are actually going home! Though we are so excited, we miss our sweet Lexi. It is amazing how spending just one night with the girl we thought was going to be our daughter, has really affected us. But then we look at Presley and WOW!! what a sweetheart we have. We are so happy that Lexi is going to get the medical attention that she needs and I hope that she disproves that doctor who said she was "hopeless." But even if she spends the rest of her life disabled and in a wheelchair, her life has meaning and we love her. She has touched so many of you out there too and changed you. We will be leaving China with just one little girl, but in our hearts we will always have two Chinese daughters.
My biggest surprise about China is how incredibly safe I have felt here. My sister, Presley,and I can walk around the streets and not worry that someone will mug us or a pull a gun on us. There aren't too many countries that you feel this safe in. I certainly wouldn't want to be walking around Phoenix at night!!
Everyone has been so friendly here. I knew we would get stares, I just didn't realize how many friendly looks we would receive. Especially from the GQ guys with their gorgeous girlfriends. They would smile and be so cute with Presley!! It has been wonderful!!
Thanks so much to everyone for your love and support. We have been amazed at how much support we have received and how many people have been following our story and praying for us. We have truly felt your support here on the other side of the world. I wish I could thank you all personally, but there is no way I could. Please know how thankful we are for every email and silent prayer. This adoption has definitely been the hardest thing we have ever done, but the love we have felt from everyone has made up for it. And of course our adorable Presley just sends us over the moon!!!!
Please say one more prayer for us as we get on that airplane tomorrow morning. Presley is NOT one to sit on my lap and be still and it is going to be a very long flight!!
Until my next post from America, goodnight from Guangzhou, China!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home