Monday, October 24, 2011
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Sweet Lexi is 5 today! I'm sure there will be no birthday cake or party balloons, but I hope that her guardian angel whispers in her ear and lets her know that she has a family on the other side of the world that she will always be part of. She will always be loved by us and many others whose story she has touched.
Carson (age 8) is really connected to his little sister that he will probably never meet. Just a couple of weeks ago Carson was very excited to show me in his Boy's Life magazine that you could enter to win a trip to India. He said "If I win, I will find that wishing tree (I think he saw this on a Disney show? Hannah Montana??) Do you know what I will wish for? I will wish that Lexi gets better!!"
I was going through my husband's phone and saw this video on it. Carson really does have a special place in his heart for Lexi. WE LOVE YOU LEXI!!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET GIRL!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home