Baby Geneva is Heading HOME!
In beautiful China,
In province Shanxi,
Lives a sweet little baby
With B b on her knees.
Beautiful baby Geneva
With sweet smile so wide,
Three wonderful siblings
Wait to be by your side.
You'll have a "twin" brother!
You're five days older than he.
Never let him forget:
You're the older, you see!
Your new state's Quarter
Will be issued in 2008.
The state's Governor got an award for
"Leadership and commitment to children's health."
I think that's just GREAT!
A river named for the state I'm in
Carves deeply through your state.
Geneva, your wonderful family
For you, can hardly wait!!
Your last name sounds like candy
A yummy candy is called Reeses!
When Geneva comes HOME
This family will have all its pieces!
Our agency has a tradition of writing a poem for each special needs family that finds a home. This is "Geneva's."
Saturday, September 01, 2007
We have decided that "Geneva" is our girl. We still don't have a name for her. It is much harder to pick a name once you see a picture. You have to pick a name that looks just right. We are now starting the process of bringing her home. Luckily we have most everything for our dossier. We just have to get Derek's medical and a revised financial statement. Then our social worker will finish writing our homestudy. The homestudy then has to go to the Arizona court to get approved which hopefully will only take a couple of weeks. So hopefully by October we will have our dossier sent to China.
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home