Sunday, June 22, 2008

Busy, Busy

We have been busy settling in here. All things considered, it has gone quite smoothly! She still likes me to hold her, but I can put her down for longer periods of time and sometimes she actually wants to go in her exersaucer. Which is a good thing, because I started working (I work from home) a week ago! It has been tough, but somehow I am managing. Once Presley is mobile, it will help so much. I can tell that she is very independent, but still doesn't want to be far from me. Once she can walk, she can just follow me around and keep tabs on me in the house.
The good news is that Presley does NOT have a cleft palate. She has a wide cleft lip with an alveolar notch. That means she won't have to have surgery for a few years. She will have surgery when she is 4 or 5 to do a lip and nose revision. The doctor said it is best to wait as long as possible because the outcome will be better. So she suggested waiting until she was 4 or 5 and is more aware of her appearance. Then before her permanent teeth come in she will do a bone graft to her gum that is missing. I forgot to ask, but I am assuming they will put in some sort of teeth where she will be missing teeth. We are so happy she doesn't have to have surgery for a while!

One place I have found that she is very happy to sit by herself is the highchair!! The girl LOVES to eat! This is a new thing for Derek and I. Our bio kids are all in the 10th percentile and below and aren't huge eaters. The only downside I can see about the eating is the pooping! Presley has 3-4 poopy diapers a day, big ones!! Is this normal?? We don't know!!








Kendall's Funny Teeth

Kendall lost one of her front teeth. The other front tooth then kind of slipped over and now she has one tooth almost in the middle of her gums. It looks quite funny. The remaining tooth is very loose, but not ready to come out yet.











POOPER SCOOPER

After Derek picked up all of the dog poop, Landon decided he would be just like Daddy and do it himself. He went all over the yard pretending to scoop things. Don't worry, as soon as he was done he went straight to the tub!!









Preschool Jumphouse Field Trip




No comments:

Presley's Adoption Timeline

  • 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
  • 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
  • 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
  • 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
  • 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
  • 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
  • 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
  • 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
  • 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
  • 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
  • 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
  • 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
  • 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
  • 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
  • 6/7/2008 - Arrived home

My Family

My Family
My favorite people!!