I took Presley into the doctor today for 2 year check up. She is 37 1/2 inches tall! She is off the chart and the doctor predicts she will be between 5'10" to 6 feet tall!! Wow!!! But then we realized later that she had her shoes on and her sole is probably about 1/2 inch. But still, she is one tall girl!! She is off the chart in her height and her weight (31 pounds) is in the 90th. So no need to restrict her diet at all unless her weight starts to go off the chart too.
Since Derek is still looking for a job, we are realizing that we may have to move. So we have been eating up some of our food we have here so we don't have to pack it. I bought all these artichoke hearts on clearance for $1 a jar. They are glass jars so I definitely won't be packing them. Last night we had Artichoke Spinach Lasagna. It was yummy!! Kendall even said "Mom, this tastes like restaurant food!" I think that was compliment. She asked what was in it and I told her spinach. She said "Mom! I can't believe you tricked me into eating spinach!!" And then she kept eating it!
Artichoke Spinach Lasagna
9 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (I just used a pinch of dry crushed rosemary)
1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
1 (28 ounce) jar tomato pasta sauce
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 (4 ounce) package herb and garlic feta, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes, or until onion is tender-crisp. Stir in broth and rosemary; bring to a boil. Stir in artichoke hearts and spinach; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in pasta sauce.
4. Spread 1/4 of the artichoke mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; top with 3 cooked noodles. Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese over noodles. Repeat layers 2 more times, ending with artichoke mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle crumbled feta on top.
5. Bake, covered, for 40 minutes. Uncover, and bake 15 minutes more, or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
The only thing I didn't do was the feta cheese since Derek doesn't like it. But it was still very yummy!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home