Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Traveling!


I have wanted to post about our trip, but we have been too busy having FUN!! Also, my computer uploads only about 4-10 pictures at a time and then gets frozen and I have to start the whole upload process again. So what should take about 5-10 minutes takes about 2-3 hours on my laptop!!!

Here are some pictures from our drive. The kids were soooooo good!! They hardly cried at all and we only had to make a couple of stops a day. I was really worried about Landon in the hotel. He does awful in hotels usually and just screams. His speech therapist told me to bring as many toys as I could and then get him playing with them first thing when we got to the room. I took a tote and filled it with a TON of Little People, cars, trains, lots of little toys. It worked like a charm! He was having a great time running around, laughing, and getting into trouble! Landon hates the elevator too. He was screaming before he got on the elevator and running away, but now he just squeezes like my legs so tight. Poor kid! I'm thinking he doesn't like small spaces - hotel rooms, elevators etc.

Sorry if my pictures look funny. My screen on the laptop isn't as bright, so I tend to over-edit pictures on here. Hopefully I can get the travel log caught up before we get home, but don't count on it!
Our first stop was on the road in El Paso. What is the first thing you do in a hotel? Make sure the furniture is nice and sturdy! Notice Carson in the background climbing into the crib. They didn't have a room with 2 beds so the upgraded us to a suite!

Don't you just love Landon's hair? We were in a big hurry the next morning and I realized that I didn't tame his bedhead! Yes I know, I STILL haven't cut his hair. I am a little nervous since it is so fine and he doesn't have a lot of it. I may just have to pay the money and take him to get it cut. Derek wants me to learn how to cut it, but I cut Carson's hair and do a horrible job! Those of you that know me well would realize that I would not be the type to be a good stykust!


4 comments:

Katarina said...

It looks like you guys are having a blast! Enjoy the rest of the trip.

Jill said...

Just thinking of you guys today Amy! Everyone looks great! Safe travels girl!!!
Hugs, Jill

Michele said...

I hadn't checked your blog in ages (I followed your trip in China) boy, Presley has GROWN! She looks great and is adorable!
Michele
Zachary (CHI Max list 16b)

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! We lived in the Corpus area for quite a few years and loved the beaches there, especially Port A. I am homesick for south Texas; enjoy it for me!

Marcy in GU (far from Texas)

Presley's Adoption Timeline

  • 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
  • 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
  • 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
  • 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
  • 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
  • 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
  • 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
  • 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
  • 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
  • 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
  • 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
  • 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
  • 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
  • 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
  • 6/7/2008 - Arrived home

My Family

My Family
My favorite people!!