On Friday Presley really wanted to sit on the potty. She had never sat on it before. She sat right up there, not scared at all! After a while I asked her if she wanted to get down. She shook her head and said "NO!!" I asked her a few more times and then just sat on the floor and waited for her bum to get sore!! I heard what really did sound like a little tinkle and then Presley did the sign for "all done" and said "all done." Then she clapped for herself and got off!! WHAT???? Did she really do what I thought she did?? Is it possible for a 22-month-old who has never sat on the potty before to go potty on the first try?? I have never even tried to potty train my kids until they were at least 3. But she is now pointing to her diaper and saying "poo poo" when it is dirty. And she has also figured out how to pull down her pants. I think she is just going to potty train herself!!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home