Wednesday, November 19, 2008
I forgot to post that Presley's surgery went well. Except as soon as we got into the Surgery Center, she started screaming!! Remember the dislocated elbow just 2 weeks ago, well she definitely remembered and didn't want anything to do with being there. I had to take her outside until they called her in. Then they couldn't get her oxygen level because she was screaming so much. Poor little girl, they didn't even give her anything to relax her. They just came and scooped her up and took her screaming back to the OR!! The only good thing is that they decided to do her surgery first because she was so unhappy! We were there at about 6:55 am and were on our way out the door at 8:30!! She has some swelling, but other than that is fine!! Thanks so much for all the prayers and good thoughts!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home