I took Presley to the dentist on Tuesday. He is a pediatric dentist that has done lots of work with cleft kiddos. He said that her teeth look very healthy. He has seen lots of kids from China whose teeth were in terrible shape. So it looks like her birth mom had good nutrition when she was pregnant and she was cared for well in her foster home (which is obvious)!! He said the only thing we will have to watch is that she has a front tooth coming in crooked (you can't see it unless you lift up her lip) and it sits behind her lower teeth. Not a big deal right now though. He said she probably has permanent teeth up there and she will have xrays during her next visit in 6 months to see if she does have them. When she is around 6 she will have surgery where they will take some bone (probably from her hip) and graft it into her gumline. Once she has bone there, her permanent teeth will come down. Pretty cool huh! If she doesn't have permanent teeth, they will put in some fake teeth or rearrange the teeth she does have to fill in the gaps.
Kendall went upstairs this morning to entertain Presley for me when she woke up. I came up to see her in this hat and she was rockin' out to Kidz Bop with her big sister!! Too cute!!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home