Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Prayers needed for a family in China!!
There is a family in China right now whose new daughter is in the hospital. Her family is so very worried about her and need to get her to the states ASAP!! That can be very difficult when you are dealing with 2 different countries, immigration laws etc. Their blog is http://www.roomforatleastonemore.blogspot.com/. She is an adorable little girl and doesn't look as sick in the pictures as she really is. Though our situations are not exactly the same, we do know what it is like for an adoption to not go as planned and to have your hopes and dreams for your daughter shattered. Please keep this family and little Susannah in your prayers!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home