Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Time to Go!!!


It is now 11:00 pm. We leave for the airport at 3:45 am. Derek and I are trying to stay up until we leave. We are having a great time!! We have been eating ice cream, watching tv, and playing on the internet. I haven't stayed up all night since college!! I can't believe we are leaving for China in just a few hours!! And in 3 1/2 days we will have Lexi!
See the big green suitcase in the back on the right side? That suitcase is FULL of donations to Lexi's orphanage. Thanks so much to my friends Pamela, Buffy, and Michelle (and her wonderful office!!) who donated things for the orphanage. They will be greatly appreciated!!
It was so hard to say goodnight to our kids. Landon was overtired when I put him in bed and was throwing a tantrum. Not exactly the snuggly, kissy goodbye I was planning on. Poor guy won't know what hit him when he wakes up. He will wonder where I am and then think I abandoned him. It makes me so sad to think about what might go on in his little head!! Kendall and Carson were just hugging me, but excited that we were bringing home Lexi and that Grandma and Grandpa Ries were here. Carson will probably have the hardest adjustment of them all. Landon will just think he has a new mom and Kendall understands exactly when I am coming back. Carson has a hard time adjusting to new things. It is going to be so hard being away from my babies for two weeks!!! But it will be really good to have the one-on-one time with Lexi.
I am off to try to clean up the house a little bit so my mother-in-law won't wake up to a disaster area!! I will post as soon as I can when we arrive in Guangzhou!!

No comments:

Presley's Adoption Timeline

  • 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
  • 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
  • 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
  • 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
  • 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
  • 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
  • 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
  • 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
  • 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
  • 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
  • 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
  • 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
  • 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
  • 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
  • 6/7/2008 - Arrived home

My Family

My Family
My favorite people!!