Saturday, May 24, 2008

Spending Money

I am having a hard time saying no to everyone that wants to sell me something. My problem is that if anyone starts talking to me I feel like I need to talk back. That leads to me to buying things. Last night after the dinner cruise a lady gave me a piece of fruit to try. Dumb me ate the fruit and before I knew what was going on she had put together a bag of the fruit and was telling me I needed to pay her 20 Yuan. Of course I paid and took the fruit. Luckily 20 Yuan is about $2.50 so it wasnt like I spent all of our spending money. While this transaction was going on a bunch of guys outside the cruise were shoving cards into my hand. They never asked if I wanted the cards but the were literally just stuffing the cards into my hand. Of course the cards were for services that would make a sailor blush. I had to laugh though because most of the cards had the worst english grammar. Where was Amy while this was happening? She had jumped into the van and left me alone to fight off the vendors.

Hot and humid again today. Fortunately there is a 7-Eleven by our hotel and coke there is cheap. We took a long walk again today and by the time we got back to our room we were worn out. Of course during our walk we were stopped by somebody on the street and before I knew we were in a store spending money again. I got a tie that has panda bears on it and we got two pairs of shoes and two dresses for less than $20. A good deal but I am spending money again! Derek

1 comment:

Amy said...

I just want to write God bless you on your big family day! I hope it goes well.

Presley's Adoption Timeline

  • 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
  • 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
  • 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
  • 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
  • 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
  • 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
  • 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
  • 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
  • 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
  • 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
  • 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
  • 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
  • 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
  • 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
  • 6/7/2008 - Arrived home

My Family

My Family
My favorite people!!