Friday, May 30, 2008
Just a quick post. Presley slept great last night!! We went to breakfast and let me tell you.....we have an eater!! I'm not quite sure what to do with an eater, we have never had one. She ate omelets, a little sausage, fried rice, noodles, congee, and she LOVED mandarin oranges. She basically ate all of my breakfast! We came back to the room and played for a while. I have her a bottle and it took her forever to drink it. I finally ended up putting her in her crib with it. She slept for about an hour which gave me enough time to handwash some clothes. Her report says she crawls, though she clearly doesn't. She takes some steps with help. I have her on the floor playing with her toys and she doesn't know how to roll on her belly and crawl towards her toys. I think she will figure it out very quickly though! She loves to imitate anything I do, blowing kiss, clapping my hands, clapping my legs. I was worried when we went to breakfast because she was smiling at everyone and I was hoping that she didn't just bond with everyone. But when we got back to the room she screamed everytime I went close to the door. She obviously does NOT want me to leave!! Her are a few pictures. My guide will be here soon to help me with the money for the orphanage and notary. After today, she will officially be ours according to China!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home