Friday, May 23, 2008
I have a quick second so I thought I would post my initial thoughts of China. The airport coming in was beautiful and very modern. Security was very light and people could park their cars right up against the terminal. Plus the luggage carts were free but it took some time to figure it out because I was looking for the place to pay. It was a nice convenience that you would never get back in the states. The hotel is very nice and would be considered high end back in the states. The breakfast buffet was very European and compared quite favorably to the buffets I had in Europe last fall. I was surprised at how good the danish and breads were. Did I mention it is hot and humid. The heat I can handle but the humidity is something I am not used to. I am totally excited to be here after such a long day on the airplane yesterday. 24 hours in airports and airplanes is quite an experience. So far so good and I will keep everybody posted!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home