We have had a tough couple of weeks. Not the most trying of times, but things just haven't gone quite right the last couple of weeks. Two weeks ago we were getting ready to FINALLY get out of the house and go to the Jelly Belly Factory. The snacks were packed, kids dressed in their cutest clothes, and we were putting the car seats back in the van. Derek was tightening the straps, went to get out of the van, stood up too early right into the door of the van, and suffered a mild concusion.
With all the rains we had here, part of our fence blew down (luckily it is currently being held up by our neighbors trees) and the girls window leaked, ran down the back of the wall, and underneath their carpet. I had to pull up the carpet and let it dry out.
A family member was backing out of our driveway (our driveway has a slight curve in it and a lamp post you have to watch out for, it is very tricky), a pickup (that was replacing Derek's car windshield) was double parked with it's tailgate down and it was dark and you couldn't see the tailgate was down. Our van was backed into the tailgate and ripped down the bumper. So now our van is in the shop until next week.
But Presley doesn't seem to realize it's been a hard couple of weeks. And besides, cookies make everyone happy!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home