Monday, August 24, 2009
Okay - I have just one little gripe. Every morning I take the kids to school and there is the regular drop-off and then you go up a few yards and there is a seperate drop-off for kindergarteners and first graders (they have a separate playground). There is a mini van that is there EVERY morning parked in the drop-off area and just sitting in her car with her child. The other cars have to try and pull in front of her or they pull up right behind her, thinking she is just dropping off, and then cars get backed up behind her waiting for her to leave. The curb is RED!! It is a DROP-OFF area!! And there is a parking lot just 5 yards away if you want to park your car!!!! The first couple of days I gave her some slack - she has a New Jersey license plate so obviously is new here. But you would think after a couple of days of backing up traffic and people having to pull in front of you, that you would figure it out. I hate it when people are so self absorbed they don't recognize how what they are doing affects other people (like the parents in the first row of a school program that stand up to video blocking everyone behind them). On the bright side, that is really the only gripe I have today. Life is really good!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home