Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Please help this family build a new house!!!
There is an incredible family that lives in Colorado. They have 10 children, many of them are adopted. They brought their 2 new daughters home from Uganda just a few weeks ago. This past Wednesday their home was destroyed by a fire, then on Thursday their son had appendicitis, and on Friday their dog passed away. This family had recently moved into a "simpler" home so they could simplify their lives and bring more children into their family. You can see their blog here http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/ and read their incredible story. They have friends that are trying to get a house built by Extreme Home Makeover. PLEASE go here http://lovebuildsahouse.blogspot.com/ and leave a comment so EHM will know how many people they have touched by their strength and devotion to God.
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home