Tuesday, January 27, 2009
The House That Never Sleeps
Yes, that would be our house!! We all got to bed early last night and were all asleep by 9:30. Presley woke up at 3 am crying. I went in there because she has been having the runs lately. That wasn't the problem and she quieted down after about 10 minutes. At 3:30 she woke up again. I knew I wasn't going to get back to sleep so I picked her up and we went downstairs. Thank goodness Noggin is on 24 hours a day!! At 4:15 Carson came down. Did I mention that Presley cries VERY loudly!! At 4:45 Kendall poked her head down to us and told us to please keep it quiet. Well, she couldn't get back to sleep either and was downstairs at 5:15! Landon was the only one who slept until 7:00. So now it looks like I will be picking Carson up early from school since he tends to tire in the afternoon anyways. It is 8:30 and Presley is STILL awake!! Though she is getting quite cranky! Wish me luck tonight as we try to do homework with very cranky kids!!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home