Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunday's Sweets

Our family has a new favorite treat! They are called "Sweet Tooth Treats" and I found the recipe at http://www.allrecipes.com/.
Here's the recipe:

INGREDIENTS
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup shredded coconut
2 cups Cheerios
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening

DIRECTIONS
In a bowl, combine peanut butter, corn syrup, sugar and coconut until blended. Stir in cereal. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Dip balls halfway into chocolate; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets to harden.


I didn't use the coconut. Also, it helps after you shape them into balls, to put them in the freezer for about 10 minutes or so. That way they are hard and that makes it easier to dip them into the chocolate. Also, when they are done, put them in the refrigerator. They are much better that way!! Also, they are much less messy than when they are first dipped. See below to see what I mean!!


Notice Presley with the messy face?? Well, I had just dipped them in chocolate and had 2 plates of them. I put one plate in the fridge, turned around and got the other plate and put it in. Then I heard Kendall yell "Mom, Presley has a sweet tooth treat and it's all over the couch!!" I guess when I was putting the first plate in the fridge, she reached up and grabbed one and ran off! There are a LOT more issues that come up when you have a TALL toddler!!


And then of course she had to share with Jake! I try not to watch when she does this!!

2 comments:

Geneve said...

That looks delicious! I can't wait to try it!

Jodi said...

Yummy! Sounds good!
Funny - as I read the ingredients I thought - Can I make them without coconut! :)
Have a great day!
Jodi Sue :)
www.headsup07up.blogspot.com

Presley's Adoption Timeline

  • 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
  • 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
  • 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
  • 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
  • 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
  • 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
  • 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
  • 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
  • 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
  • 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
  • 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
  • 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
  • 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
  • 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
  • 6/7/2008 - Arrived home

My Family

My Family
My favorite people!!