This morning I woke up at 5:30 and started on my transcription work from yesterday and started tackling last week's laundry, along with the usual feeding, dressing, and attending to every need and want of the small fries. At 1:30 I finally finished my transcription, still had about 5 loads of laundry to wash, needed to fold and put away not only this week's laundry, but the laundry I never folded from the week before! I put the babies down and was completely exhausted. I just wanted to take a nap, but still had tons to do!! Kendall came to me and really wanted to do her Easy Bake Oven. What's a mother to do? With the words to Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Cinderella" running through my head, I poured myself a BIG glass of Diet Pepsi Max and baked a cake!! Then she wanted to make a lot of cakes to take to the park and sell for 10 cents each so she can help earn money since daddy doesn't have a job right now. Very sweet!! Maybe next week.......after the laundry!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home