In our church we have 4 wards (congregations) that meet in the same building. They start at 8, 10, 12, and 2. This year we have the lovely time of 2-5. The kids are very crabby during church and come home starving!! So there was no fancy Easter dinner this past Sunday. I found this GREAT chicken recipe for the crock pot. It is called "Busy Day Chicken" and I found it at www.allrecipes.com. The first time I made it a couple of weeks ago it was really good. This time it was excellent!! I used KC Masterpiece Mesquite BBQ sauce (last time I used Walmart brand) and I poured some inside the chicken (I forgot that step last time).
1 (4 pound) chicken
1 1/2 cups prepared barbeque sauce (I used the whole bottle - 18 oz)
1. Put chicken, legs up, into slow cooker. Pour sauce over and inside the chicken. Cover.
2. Cook for 8 to 10 hours on low setting. It is not a good idea to check it, as steam escapes and it takes a quite a while to reheat.
That's it! I don't think it gets easier than that!! The chicken was incredibly moist and yummy!!
Kendall funny - Kendall and Carson both got a Golden Hawk award on Friday. It is a certificate because they did something well, were kind etc. They weren't there on Friday to get it. Kendall said "I got mine today (Monday) because I was abstinent on Friday." I sure hope so!! I know she has never heard that word. I wouldn't think they are teaching abstinence to 2nd graders!!
Carson funny - "Mom, I don't want to get married at the temple. I want to marry Brenna here so that we can live here. I don't want to leave you." I tried to explain that he could get married at the temple and then he and Brenna can come back here to live. He was very excited about that idea!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home