School is back in session!! I don't know who is happier, me or Kendall! Living in Arizona without a pool and having 2 babies preventing us from going anywhere is very hard on a 7 and 5-year-old. Kendall is in 2nd grade and Carson just started kindergarten. Carson cried when I left, but Kendall was about 20 feet in front of me telling me she knew where her class was I didn't need to go with her. I followed her anyway just to make sure she got in the right door! She told me when she got home that she wasn't happy with 2nd grade and wanted to got back to 1st. The reason.....There is no snack time in 2nd grade. Hopefully that will teach her to eat her lunch!! The kids both have wonderful teachers. Carson's teacher taught special ed for many years, so that will be very helpful with his speech, OT, PT, and minor sensory issues. She said he did great and is quite a smart kid (of course I do realize that she would say this to every parent)!! I spent a somewhat relaxing day at home with 2 toddlers trying to catch up on some housework. And I actually got a 15-minute nap in!! Wow, I am living the good life now!!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home