Monday, August 06, 2007
Special Needs List
Last night Derek and I went through our list of special needs we would and wouldn't accept. It was much harder than we thought it would be. When you have a child biologically you don't choose what physical struggles they may or may not have. You love your children no matter what type of disabilities they may be born with. So saying we wouldn't accept a certain type of disability was really tough, like you are turning away from so many wonderful children. We should know in the next couple of weeks whether or not we are matched!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home