Almost 2 weeks ago I was trying to get the all the kids and I down for a "family nap" in my room. Whenever we try to do this there is way more noise and giggles than resting. Landon was running around the room like a mad man when he tripped on a stuffed animal and fell right into the box spring of our bed. Blood was gushing and he was crying. I cleaned him up, he cried for about 10 minutes and then laid down and took a nap. When he woke up this is what I saw and I decided to take him into the ER.
In the ER the doc looked at him for about 60 seconds and told me to try and put ice on it, that he would probably get 2 black eyes, not to worry, and made an appointment for the ENT for 6 days later.
Here he is on Friday.
On Saturday, the day of our neighborhood 4th of July parade he looked like this.
This is on Monday, probably the day it looked the worst.
I took him the the ENT last Wednesday and the doctor looked at it, felt it a little bit, and told us that it was probably broken but that it was healing well and looked like it would probably heal straight. A week later and the swelling has gone down. It is still green and he still has black eyes, but they are finally starting to fade some. He has bumped it a couple of times in the past couple of days and it has bled a little. But he started to look like himself and not Rocky Balboa!!
Oh, and if you're wondering why he has blood coming out of his nose....he wouldn't let me touch it. I gave him several baths to try to get the steam to clean it up a bit, but he wouldn't let me go anywhere near it and the doctor said to try not to touch it so that it wouldn't bleed. So he looked a little gross for a few days!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home