We packed up the car last Sunday morning to head home from Vegas. Derek had started getting sick the night before at the football game, so we wanted to make it home so he could sleep. Unfortunately, all of those fans from Arizona were also trying to head home. Trying to cross the Hoover dam can be a nightmare when there is a lot of traffic. We were in traffic for about 45 minutes when we finally got to the hotel right there at the dam, I think it is called The Hacienda? We still had 4 miles to go and the traffic was going just 5 miles an hour. We also figured that all that traffic would make the whole drive home, even after the dam, no fun! The hotel was advertising rooms for $19.95! We got a large room with 2 queen beds and a couch for that price. We had just paid $18 to eat at McDonalds....go figure!! So we traveled a whole 20 miles that day. The hotel was old, but clean. It had ugly red carpet and a funky wallpaper border, but it didn't stink so that was a plus! The first picture is the traffic taken from our hotel room. It didn't clear out until after dark (we got to the hotel at 2 pm). The second picture is of our room for those of you who travel that route often and may find yourself in the same predicament!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home