In our church we believe (as most churches do), that families are forever. When a biological child is born, that child automatically becomes a part of your forever family. When a child is adopted, we have a special ceremony in the temple where that child is sealed to us and becomes a part of our family forever. On Saturday, we were able to go to the Idaho Falls temple and have Presley sealed to us. It was such a wonderful day to have all of my children in the temple and to have Presley sealed to us forever. It was an incredibly special and spiritual experience that we will always treasure. We love our little girl!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home