Woooooo Hoooooooo!! We received THE call from our agency last week. We have Lexi's LOA (letter of approval). This is the big one we've been waiting for. Basically it means that the CCAA (China Center of Adoption Affairs) has reviewed our dossier (paperwork) and has given us the stamp of approval. We were a little worried because Derek stated our income in one document and then the letter from his employer verifying his salary was off by $300. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but China is extremely picky and wants everything to match perfectly!! But I guess that didn't bother them and they have said we can be Lexi's parents!!!
After I received the call I immediately tried to call Derek (he didn't answer) so I sent out an email. I was soooo excited and then I just started crying. I have been looking at Lexi's picture for 8 months now and we have finally been given the "permission" to be her parents. It is very overwhelming!!
So now we will sign the LOA. The LOA is also asking us "Do you still want to be her parents?" This is a silly step because after all we have done for our daughter, why would we say no???? We then Fedex the LOA back to our agency who translates it and Fedex's it back to China. The CCAA will then issue our TA (travel approval). We could travel as early as the end of May, but there is a little girl just 3 months older than Lexi who is from the same SWI (social welfare institute or orphanage). I have been in close contact with her new mom Joanne and she is just 2-3 weeks behind me. Since we spend the first 5-7 days in their province (Sha'anxi), I will wait for Joanne. We mom's might both be traveling solo. It will be so worth the wait. The girl's SWI doesn't adopt out a whole lot of their children. So with Joanne and I meeting and becoming friends, we are hoping the girls will be able to develop a relationship, especially since they are from the same little part of big China!!
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home