This sweet little boy is Zhang Qi. He was only 6 1/2 weeks old in the picture above and the picture below is Zhang Qi after receiving proper nutrition. This is what happens to cleft babies when they do not have the proper medical attention. I'm sure Zhang Qi's birth family did everything they could to feed and care for him. I cannot imagine having to make the decision to give up your child so that they can live and knowing you will never see your child again. I am so thankful to Lexi's birth family for deciding to give her up and give her a chance at life. You can just look at her fat little cheeks to see that she is very well cared for. Cleft babies are best fed with a special cleft bottle. Love Without Boundaries is an incredible charity and that distributes cleft bottles and formula. Each bottle only costs $2 and that $2 saves lives!! Please consider donating to this charity at http://www.lovewithoutboundaries.com/. You can view the video below to see what a difference this charity makes. Lexi is alive today because she obtained proper medical care. Please help give another child a chance at life and a chance for a family.
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home