Baby Geneva is Heading HOME!
In beautiful China,
In province Shanxi,
Lives a sweet little baby
With B b on her knees.
Beautiful baby Geneva
With sweet smile so wide,
Three wonderful siblings
Wait to be by your side.
You'll have a "twin" brother!
You're five days older than he.
Never let him forget:
You're the older, you see!
Your new state's Quarter
Will be issued in 2008.
The state's Governor got an award for
"Leadership and commitment to children's health."
I think that's just GREAT!
A river named for the state I'm in
Carves deeply through your state.
Geneva, your wonderful family
For you, can hardly wait!!
Your last name sounds like candy
A yummy candy is called Reeses!
When Geneva comes HOME
This family will have all its pieces!
Our agency has a tradition of writing a poem for each special needs family that finds a home. This is "Geneva's."
Presley's Adoption Timeline
- 8/15/2007 - Received referral for Geneva!
- 9/13/2007 - Sent LOI (letter of intent) to our agency
- 9/29/2007 - LOI was sent to China!
- 10/08/2007 - LOI was delivered to the CCAA in China
- 10/29/2007 - PA (pre-approval) was issued!!
- 1/15/2008 - DTC (dossier to China)
- 1/18/2008 - Dossier delivered to CCAA
- 1/25/2008 - LID (log-in date)
- 4/1/2008 - LOA (letter of acceptance)
- 4/25/2008 - CCAA issues TA (travel approval)
- 5/22/2008 - Leave for China!!!
- 5/25/2008 - Met our sweet Lexi!
- 5/26/2008 - Discovered Lexi had brain damage
- 5/30/2008 - Met precious Presley!
- 6/7/2008 - Arrived home